Saturday 15 November 2008

Nicole Kidman's does Glamour and Harper's Bazaar

Nicole Kidman has scored her self two great covers for December, appearing in Glamour and the Australian issue of Harper's Bazaar.

She shares her Haprer's Bazaar interview with director Baz Luhrmann, who directs her latest movie Australia and also directed her in Moulin Rouge!.

And here are a few exerts from the Glamour interview -

GLAMOUR: Important things first: Who does Sunday Rose look like, you or Keith?
NICOLE KIDMAN: Keith! It’s fine by me, having a little Keith-ette. When he goes away, I can look at her and see him.

GLAMOUR:
You’re what you call a “very Aussie” girl, who’s now living in the country music capital, Nashville. Really, no LA?
NK: LA’s not a part of our life at all. I mean, my children are a huge part of my life, so we spend time in L.A. for the kids (who live there with Tom Cruise), but I don’t have any kinds of roots there.

GLAMOUR: How do Connor and Isabella like their little sister, Sunday Rose?
NK: They’re very adoring of her. They’re used to having a little one around, because of Suri [Cruise’s daughter with Katie Holmes]. Bella is very maternal. Connor would like one of us to have a boy. He wants that boy. [Pauses.] Katie…? [Laughs.]

GLAMOUR:
OK, the inevitable Tom questions. You were 23 and had barely arrived from Australia when you married one of the biggest movie stars in America and became an accomplished actress yourself. What was that like?
NK:
I felt I became a star only by association. I didn’t think [the early movies] were very good, which is why I would always cower in the background. I thought, I don’t deserve to be here. We would go to the Oscars and I would think, I’m here to support him. I felt it was my job to put on a beautiful dress and be seen and not heard.

GLAMOUR:
What advice would you give to your younger self? If you could go back to the inadequate-feeling wife of the superstar, what would you tell her?
NK:
Be kind to yourself.

GLAMOUR:
What would you tell the young woman devastated by divorce?
NK:
The sun always rises tomorrow, and through this shall come light.

GLAMOUR:
And the woman who’d just accepted the Best Actress Oscar and then went home alone?
NK:
Please enjoy this moment! Stop being so shy and insecure, and revel in it. Put your dress back on and go back to the Vanity Fair party!

For the rest of Nicole's interview go to the Glamour Website

Pics from Bellazon and NicoleFan.net

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...