Wednesday, 16 January 2008
Mr Blackwell's 48th Worst Dressed List
Here's a look at Mr Richard Blackwell's Annual Worst Dressed List for 2007 if you haven't already seen it.
His Ten Titans of Taste-Free Terrors
1. Victoria Beckham - Mr Blackwell said: "Forget the fashion spice, wearing a skirt would suffice! In one skinny-mini monstrosity after another, pouty Posh can really wreck-em."
2. Amy Winehouse - "Exploding beehives above, tacky polka-dots below, she’s part 50’s carhop horror."
3. Mary Kate Olsen - "She resembles a tattered toothpick-trapped in a hurricane."
4. Fergie - "Yes, when it comes to couture chaos, guess it’s all in a name!"
5. Kelly Clarkson - "Her heavenly voice soars above the rest ... but those belly-baring bombs are hellish at best! She may be the queen of 'Pro-Active' — but that wardrobe looks downright radioactive!"
6. Eva Green - One of this site's faves is said to be "Stuck in neon nightmares not fit for the sane. Fashion this loud could give Bond a migraine! A profusion of confusion from toes to nose!"
7. Avril Lavigne - "Gothic make-up courtesy the mad spatula — Fashions provided by ... The house of Dracula!"
8. Jessica Simpson - "Forget the Cowboys. In prom queen screams, can it get any worse? She's a global fashion curse!"
9. Lindsay Lohan - "Lindsay the fashion frenzy strikes again! Lohan takes fashion to a new low."
10. Alison Arngrim
His Best Dressed list, which is not ranked, includes Katherine Heigl, Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Helen Mirren and Kate Middleton.
Last year's Worst Dressed winner, Britney Spears, did not appear on the list, Mr Blackwell saying - "I felt that it was inappropriate at this time to make comment, when her personal life is in such upheaval. I hope 2008 is a better year for her."